Insatiable Cravings: Cupcakes by Sonja

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 § 0

One of the perks of being the girlfriend of a law student is that I get to watch him study all the time. Sarcastic, yes, but it does encourage me to do productive things since I don't have anything else to do. As I was updating my curriculum vitae, I got a little stressed and found myself thinking about cupcakes. Then an idea hit me. Why not start a series in my blog about my cravings? Nothing fancy, just a simple picture to share my suffering with other people. And so Insatiable Cravings was born.



Sonja's Cupcakes introduced me to the world of cupcakes that go beyond Lemon Square and Cupkeyk. Their Red Velvet Cupcake is something that I constantly crave for. The cupcake batter they use is a little heavy, making their creations more filling than your usual cupcake. In fact, I sometimes have this for lunch. And yes, I am one of those people who can survive with just a dessert for lunch. The cupcake itself is moist and the belgian chocolate they use is very flavorful. It is generously topped with a cream cheese frosting that explodes in your mouth with one bite. Their PB&J Cupcake (first picture) is also a favorite. I'm not a fan of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich but Sonja's cupcake version of the classic made me eat my words, and her cupcakes.

It's quite unfortunate that Cupcakes by Sonja only has one store, which is in Serendra. They do deliver through City Delivery 2121212 but I fear that if I have a box delivered, I might end up eating everything by myself. So no, not a good idea.

What's this?

You are currently reading Insatiable Cravings: Cupcakes by Sonja at Tables for Couples: A Never-ending Search for the Perfect Date Place.

meta

§ Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Food & Drink - Top Blogs Philippines